Popular Posts

Pole Vault News

Older Posts:

9/19/2010

jumpchrisjump.com: Rodney Batiste

jumpchrisjump.com vaulter profile: Rodney Batiste 


Workout Summary:
My vault workout consists of three phases. The first phase is strength training. I follow the p90x program five days of the week; the other two days I substitute them with a day of pole vaulting drills. The second phase is the pole vault drills phase. I will start this phase after i am finished p90x. This phase is an apparatus of pole vault drills. One day will be pole sprints with different amounts of rights (lefts for a right handed vaulter) and plyometrics. Another day will be rope drills and a few gymnastic exercises I can do around the house. At night in this phase I will do pole vault specific strength training exercises. The third and final phase is the pre-competition phase. I will put emphasis on pole vault drills and light pole vault specific strength training. This phase will let my body heal and recover from the other two rigorous phases.(soreness,injury,etc.)

No comments: