Popular Posts

Pole Vault News

Older Posts:

4/12/2010

Re: Jump Offs?

Hey Gustaf,

First let me start off by thanking you for viewing the videos and visiting jumpchrisjump.com. Generally I use a 4.90m pole 160-170. I weigh about 145 pounds. This pole would be softer than a pole I would use from a full run. I grip as high as I can from the 2 or 3 lefts. Remember this is just a drill, therefore you are only simulating the effects of taking off and bending the pole. If you have anymore questions feel free to contact me again.

Chris
Support the G Movement


Hi,

My name is Gustaf.
I am a polevaulter from sweden, I saw on youtube a video of a drill called "Jump Offs" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9z3jBl07es&feature=related)

It seams to be a great drill for the takeoff and I would like to test it myself.
But can you tell my what pole and what grip is used compared to normal jumping?
Do you use a strong or a soft pole? Low or high grip?

Hope to hear from you!

/Gustaf

No comments: