Popular Posts

Pole Vault News

Older Posts:

9/03/2007

#1: Inspiration 101

This is my first entry in my training blog/log. If you have any questions or comments feel free to email me at smitc1@tmail.com.

I decided to keep track of my training and progress here so check ack weekly. I was going to begin this blog once I settled in to my new training base/home; Champaign, IL. Well I am here and I will working with BRYAN CARRELL of GILL ATHLETICS (also University of Illinois Track). I am excited to get going, with around 300 days left to train for the Olympic Trials.

That excitment is largley overshadowed by the success and great story of my ex-teammate and great friend DAVID PAYNE. Dave is a pretty humble dude, and was pretty down about finishing a close 4th at USA's in June (just missing the World Champs). I spoke with Dave last Sunday and I could tell he had put the whole thing behind him, as he was preparing for the last leg of the European season. Well fast-foward a week, and DAVID PAYNE is a World Championships Bronze Medalist. His story from begining to present is a true inspiration to anyone who dreams big but acts small daily. For me it is great to have close friends who are achieving their track career goals- because it INSPIRES ME. Also congrats to Mary and Chris WINEBERG; Mary finished 8th in the Finals of the 400m and won a GOLD on the USA 4x400m team. BEARCATS, BEATCATS. Now its your turn!!!



No comments: